- Change.org reports on a South Carolina jail that prohibits all reading material other than the Bible.
- Never mind: Apparently local jails actually can’t opt out of the ICE Secure Communities program.
- Guide for state officials: What you can do to end prison-based gerrymandering.
- New report documents disproportionate incarceration of Native Hawaiians.
- SentenceSpeak notes Ed Norton’s new film set in a prison, and how he researched the role.
- In case you wondered what former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey is up to these days, he’s doing volunteer work with ex-inmates.
- England’s prison population is at a record high. The prisons minister proposes to put prisoners to work; justice secretary Ken Clarke wants them to work 40 hours a week. Critics say prison labour (as they call it there) is exploitative.