A few links to send you into the weekend:
- KALW summarizes a new report on California’s persistently high recidivism rates.
- Ted Gest summarizes what this week’s election results will mean for criminal justice reform.
- Colorado voters don’t fall for bail bonds industry fearmongering.
- Linda Greenhouse on Sonia Sotomayor, including some discussion of Sotomayor’s recent dissent from denial of cert in a prisoner grievance case.
- Canada’s prison watchdog sounds alarm over overcrowding, double-bunking.
- Helpful Q&A’s on prisoner voting rights in Europe, one from the Telegraph and another from BBC News.