Another week, another roundup a few days later than usual:
- “Crime and the Governors” — The Crime Report on what if any criminal justice policy changes to expect after tomorrow’s elections.
- Federal prosecutors indict Alaska inmate for sexual abuse of three other inmates; ACLU and Alaska prison guards’ union blame overcrowding and understaffing for prison abuses.
- FBI looking into 2007 inmate death at Bellevue prison ward in NYC.
- CCPOA, the California prison guards’ union: Not the juggernaut it once was?
- Inmate whose 1970s lawsuit spurred Colorado prison reforms dies.
- Alaska outsources prisoners to Colorado, making it hard for families to visit.