A quick roundup this week, as I am finishing my guest stint at TNC’s blog at TheAtlantic.com. Readers may be interested in this post, entitled “How to Learn About the Criminal Justice System in Three Easy Steps.”
- National and local reporting on the practice of shackling women inmates during childbirth.
- The Economist on “rough justice” in the U.S.: Part 1, Part 2.
- Solitary Watch on the toll that summer heat takes on U.S. inmates.
- The Crime Report interviews Michelle Alexander about race and the War on Drugs.
- Colorado jail introduces postcard-only policy for inmates.
- Maine AG’s office investigating inmate death as possible homicide.
- The Newark Star-Ledger on prisoner litigation in New Jersey.